Monday, February 07, 2005

Predicting the NCAA Tournament Round 2

I made a few changes to my predictions on Wednesday. One reader commented that he thought Ohio State was on probabtion and therefore could not participate in the tourney. After doing some research, I found that he was right, so I took Ohio State out of my predictions. I apologize for including them in my predictions, as I should have known that they were on probabtion.

I also added an extra team to my predictions. Another reader commented that I should include 65 teams, instead of 64 because of the play in game that happens on the Tuesday before the tourney starts. I decided to take his advice and add another team. Just to clarify the play in game happens on Tuesday, and whichever team wins that game will most likely go on to be a #16 team in the tourney, while the other team goes home.


These are the teams that I feel will make the NCAA Tournament. More than a few teams have been pushed off the bracket, and that will be normal during this column for the next 6 weeks. New teams that have been added to the bracket from last weeks are noted in bold.

Big East (7): Boston College, Syracuse, Georgetown, Connecticut, Pittsburgh, Villanova, Notre Dame
ACC (7): North Carolina, Duke, Wake Forest, Virginia Tech, Georgia Tech, Maryland, Miami
Big 12 (5): Kansas, Oklahoma State, Oklahoma, Texas Tech, Texas
Conference USA (6): Louisville, Depaul, Cincinnati, Charlotte, UAB, Marquette
Big Ten (4): Illinois, Michigan State, Wisconsin, Minnesota,
SEC (4): Kentucky, Florida, Mississippi State, Alabama
Pac 10 (4): Washington, Arizona, Arizona State, UCLA
West Coast Conference (2): Gonzaga, St. Mary's
Big West (2): Pacific, Utah State
Missouri Valley Conference (2): Wichita State, Southern Illinois
Mountain West Conference (2): Utah, Air Force
America East (1): Vermont
Atlantic 10 (1): George Washington
Atlantic Sun (1): Gardner Webb
Big Sky (1): Portland State
Big South (1): Winthrop
Colonial Athletic Association (1): Old Dominion
Horizon (1): Wisconsin Milwaukee
Ivy (1): Penn
Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference (1): Rider
Mid Continent Conference (1): University of Missouri Kansas City
Mid American Conference (1): Miami (Ohi0)
Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference (1): Coppin State
Northeast Conference (1): Monmouth (N.J.)
Ohio Valley Conference (1): Samford
Patriot League (1): Holy Cross
Southern Conference (1): Davidson
Southland Conference (1): SE Louisiana
Southwestern Athletic Conference (1): Alabama A&M
Sun Belt Conference (1): Denver
Western Athletic Conference (1): Nevada



Matt






4 Comments:

At 6:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am not completely sure, but I think that Ohio State is on postseason probation. I only base this on seeing other people's projections eariler in the season at times when Ohio State was clearly good enough to be in, but wasn't.

 
At 1:23 AM, Blogger matt said...

Thanks for the comment and for stopping by. I'll have to check that out, as you may be right.


Matt

 
At 1:31 AM, Blogger matt said...

Just did some checking online, and it appears OSU is on probation for 1 year, and I did not know about it. I apologize for not knowing that. Here is the link to the story. http://www.nbc4i.com/sports/3984481/detail.html



Matt

 
At 2:14 AM, Anonymous accents restaurant said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!
I have a accents restaurant site.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)
Greetings.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Web Counter
top 25 scores
Main Sites
Red Sox Sites
Main Baseball Sites
AL East Blogs
AL Central Blogs
AL West Blogs
NL East Blogs
NL Central Blogs
NL West Blogs
Arizona Basketball Links
College Basketball Links
NBA Links and Other Random Sports Links