Wednesday, January 05, 2005

An interesting take on the Yanks offseason

Larry Mahnken over at The Harball Times has a very interesting look at the Yankees offseason moves. Larry is a Yankees fan, and is the author of Replacement Level Yankees Weblog. In the article over at THT, he basically vents about all the offseason moves that Cashmen and Steinbrenner have made. I hate the Yankees, and even I do not think some of these moves are that bad. Larry takes the opposite view. His article is a must read, and you can find it here.

Wade Boggs and Ryne Sandberg were elected into the Hall of Fame yesterday. I was a huge Wade Boggs fan, and it is always sad to see him wear a Yankee hat. Nevertheless, he was an excellent hitter and a great third baseman. I never read Dan Shaughnessy, because he usually is just bashing the Red Sox or one of their players. However, over at Baseball Primer, there was a discussion about his article on Wade Boggs and I did not see any negative comments about his article. I decided to read Shaughnessy for the first time in months, and it is a very good article and can be found here.

Matt

3 Comments:

At 5:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was watching Around the Horn today and learned that it was Shaughnessy who leaked the info about the Doug Mientkiewicz last out World Series ball. I think that Mientkiewicz should definitely give the ball to Larry Lucchino and not keep it for himself. I feel that it would be much more beneficial for the president/CEO of the Sox to acquire it than for an average player to keep it. Not that I'm not thankful for Doug's contributions to the team, but I feel it is a little selfish of him to want to keep it. What do you think?

V

 
At 10:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was watching Around the Horn Today and learned that it was Shaughnessy who leaked the info about the Doug Mientkiewicz last out World Series ball. I think that Mientkiewicz should definitely give the ball to Larry Lucchino and not keep it for himself. I feel that it would be much more beneficial for the president/CEO of the Sox to acquire it than for an average player to keep it. Not that I'm not thankful for Doug's contributions to the team, but I feel it is a little selfish of him to want to keep it. What do you think?

V

 
At 12:54 AM, Blogger matt said...

V

I totally agree with you about Minky. Very very selfish for him to want to keep the ball for himself. I def. think the ball should be in the hands of Red Sox ownership or the baseballl hall of fame. Minky only played 3 months for us, barely hit over .200 and he thinks he deserves to keep the ball b.c. he caught it. you've got to be kidding me.


matt

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Web Counter
top 25 scores
Main Sites
Red Sox Sites
Main Baseball Sites
AL East Blogs
AL Central Blogs
AL West Blogs
NL East Blogs
NL Central Blogs
NL West Blogs
Arizona Basketball Links
College Basketball Links
NBA Links and Other Random Sports Links